The site www.terrillon.com does not automatically collect any information, with the exception of the information contained in cookies.
Cookies are computer data, in particular text files, which are stored on the end user’s device or on the Web site server and are intended to be used by the Web site’s pages. Cookies generally contain the name of the website from which they originate, the storage period on the device, and a unique number.
Purpose of cookies
Cookies are used to improve the functionality of the website (to create statistics that help us understand how website users use the website, thereby improving its structure) and to maintain the user’s session on the Web site (after login), whereby the user does not have to re-enter their username and password on every subpage of the website.
The site www.terrillon.com uses two basic types of cookies: session cookies and permanent cookies.
- Session cookies are temporary files that are stored on the user’s device until the user logs out, leaves the website, or closes their web browser.
- Persistent cookies are stored on the user’s device for the period specified in the cookie file settings, or until deleted by the user.
Consent and modification of cookie settings
In many cases, the software used for browsing websites (web browser) allows cookies to be stored on the user’s device by default. Website users can change their cookie preferences at any time. These preferences can be modified in the web browser settings, in particular to block the automatic processing of cookies or to notify the user of each attempt to store a cookie on their device. Detailed information on the management of cookies is available in the software settings (web browser).
Since the steps to follow are different for each browser, the steps to follow for the following browsers are given as an example:
- Internet Explorer: click on the “Tool” menu, then on the “Internet options” pane. In the “General” tab, check the box “Delete browsing history when exiting the browser” then click on the button “Delete”. Check “temporary internet files” and “cookies and website data” then “Delete”.
- Firefox: at the top of the browser window, click on the Firefox button, then go to the “Preferences” tab. Click on the “Privacy” tab. In the “Cookies and site data” section, click on “Delete data”. Then check the “Cookies and site data” box and click “Delete”.
- Safari: Navigate to the “Development” tab in the Advanced Preferences window. Then, select “Clear caches” or use the following keyboard command: “Command + Alt + E”.
- Chrome: Click on the menu button in the top right corner of the browser (the symbol with three horizontal lines). Select “Settings”. Click on “Show advanced settings”. In the “Privacy and security” section, click on “Clear browsing data”. Then select the “Cookies and other site data” box and click “Clear data”.
- Edge: Click on “Settings and more”. In this tab, click on “Settings” and then “Privacy and services”. Under the words “Delete browsing data”, select the cookies to be deleted. Under “Time range”, choose a time range. Then select “Cookies and other site data” and click “Delete now”.